Noticed this immediately on my first listen. I’ve been wondering if anyone else has.
Take a listen to this sound bite and let me know which category you think this example falls into:
- This is a rip-off! Some bastard stole some other bastard’s jam!
- This is an homage. This is too similar. The artist is merely giving a wink and nod to a predecessor.
- This is a coincidence. Louis Daguerre and Henry Fox both invented photography independent of each other, after all. There are only so many ways to make music.
- This is an accident. Yeah, it’s probably inspired by the older piece, but they probably didn’t even realize it.
- You are smoking. Don’t even see it.
KANSAS – “Carry on My Wayward Son” vs. RIVERS OF NIHIL – “Subtle Change”
Enjoy this one, and don’t forget to smash that like button!